2018 MUTA Educational Assistance Scholarship Program
Deadline: June 30th, 2018
Call for Applications
The MUTA Educational Scholarship Program is for Tiv students from the 14 Tiv-speaking Local Government Areas of Benue State and Tiv students in Nasarawa and Taraba states who are enrolled in undergraduate studies in the sciences and science professions in Nigerian universities including polytechnics. The awards are based on merit as well as a commitment to give back to the community. Each award will go to the science student with the highest Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in each LGA. However, no award will be made to a student with a CGPA lower than 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 4.4 (on a 5.0 scale). Thus, even the student with the highest CGPA in his or her local government will not be eligible for the award if his or her CGPA is below 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 4.4 (on a 5.0 scale). The value of the award is N25, 000.00 per recipient. Send the completed application form with the required documentation to: MUTA President using firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate science program such as medicine (human or veterinary), engineering, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences, agricultural science, architecture, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, geophysics, or geology.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 or higher (equivalent to second class upper degree).
Method of Application
Qualified persons should provide the following application items:
- A Completed application form, attached excel sheet (Home_Scholarship_Personal_Data)
- In a 500 word essay, explain why you consider yourself deserving of the MUTA scholarship (250 words) and your thoughts about giving back to our community (250 words).
- A statement of declaration that you not belong to any cult or related organizations anywhere (to include university campuses).
- Local Government (e.g., a certificate of local government origin) and State (e.g., Benue, Nasarawa, Taraba) of origin; signed letter from the appropriate Head of Department indicating the candidate’s current CGPA.
- Note. Any candidate found to have falsified information will be disqualified.
- With the exception of signatures, no hand written document will be accepted.
Direct all inquiries to email@example.com
Awards will be made by July, 2018. Check MUTA website: http://www.muta.org, for updates.
Please note that the following TWO forms must be downloaded, completed and returned:
- Application form:MUTA_Home_Scholarship_Application_2018
- Personal Data form: Copy of Home_Scholarship_Personal_Data